Amen


As you go through your day, may God go with you. May He go before you to show you the way; may He go behind you to encourage you; beside you to befriend you; above you to watch over you; and within you to give you peace.

07 June 2009

To Find Beauty

It's been a while since I've passed-a-prayer, but I took a minute to do so while in Barnes & Noble. Lately, I've been a bit glum and one thing that has lifted my spirits has been the rebirth of earth... Spring. Trees are blossoming and flowers blooming. People are coming out of hibernation (I live in North Dakota and we had a crazy cold winter) and playing catch in their front lawns. The birds are chirping and dogs barking. There is beauty all around me--I only need open my eyes. So my prayer was a reminder to myself to take in the beauty and enjoy it.

I bookmarked the prayer into a journal and placed it back on the shelf...


Afterwards, while browsing at Barnes & Noble, I came across a little book titled Now Is the Time. I kid you not, the first page I flipped to was the one photographed below.


I recently finished reading The Alchemist, which refers to omens and the importance of them. Since this page in the book mirrored my thoughts in my prayer, I took it as a sign... I'm not sure what that sign is exactly, but I thought I best respect this "coincidence" and purchase the book. We'll see what happens with this omen...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your feedback and certainly don't mind criticism. All I ask is that you aren't crude or rude. Thank you!